We are doing the DAMN thing over here at Ask Dr. Angela! What did Fat Joe and Remy Ma say?!?!?
“We’re on our way up!”
So my friends at bustle.com recently asked for my thoughts on what your sex life can tell you about your health. Click here to read my contribution to that article.
There are lots of things that your sex life can tell about you and your partner. Sometimes there could be a health reason behind it, although this isn’t always the case. For example, if you are feeling uninterested in or bored of sex, then you and your partner may just need to spice things up. Buying a sex swing and having sex whilst swinging like a wrecking ball or buying an outfit and including some sexy role play in your bedroom antics may be what you need to reignite the spark. But sometimes there may well be a health reason behind your sex life problems and that is what I’m looking at here.
Here is the extended version of what I shared with them.
Five Things Sex Can Tell You About Your Health:
- Perhaps you suffer from vaginal atrophy(a condition common in menopausal women), endometriosis, or vulvodynia(pain disorder of the vulva/vagina)if you have complaints of painful sex. Lots of women avoid sex due to pain. Would you want to engage in something that brought you no physical/emotional pleasure? NO!!!! Many women think they are the only ones who suffer from these conditions when in actuality they are not. YOU BETTER TELL SOMEBODY, specifically your obgyn. There are ways to diagnose and combat these conditions, and that’s why you’ll find a lot of women that may appear on hdtubemovies.xxx and similar sites, have regular visits to their obgyn.
- Depression. Lack of interest in sex could be a sign of depression my depression treatment. This is further supported by lack of interest in many other things as well……Just something to keep in mind. It might be helpful to talk to a mental health professional to help you work through any kind of depression that you might experience. In addition, your lack of interest in sex could simply be because you are bored with what is currently on offer. It might be helpful to check out young couples fucking to kick start your passion for sex again. Finding the right sexual content for you can help you reconnect with that sexually passionate part of yourself. Enabling you to find a newfound appreciation for sex.
- Infection. If you notice a foul odor during or after sex, possible spotting/bleeding after sex, pain during/after sex; these are all signs of a possible infection, whether it be a vaginitis such as bacterial vaginosis or a sexually transmitted infection.
- Poor lubrication and you’re not even in menopause. A few things come to mind from something as minor as not hydrating enough(drinking enough water) to underlying cardiovascular issues; i.e., decreased blood supply in the vagina/vulva due more chronic medical issues such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease. If this is happening to you and you haven’t been to see your primary care physician lately for a routine check up; you may want to give it some consideration. You may even think to yourself you’re not desiring the right things that could sexually stimulate you, if you think this could be the case, it might be worthwhile to view a website such as https://www.porn-hd.xxx/ or others to find material that could stimulate and therefore lubricate you like you haven’t experienced before.
- Stress. Lack of interest in sex/having no time for sex, could be a sign of stress. Finding outlets to deal with daily stress whether it be adopting meditation techniques, exercise, etc., may be in order.
Are any of the above happening to you? Lets talk about sex ladies!
Until Next Time,
Look Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
Wife, mother, Midwesterner, and award-winning OB/GYN, Dr. Angela is equal parts best girlfriend and bold professional, supporting women’s health with innovative approaches to care and heavy doses of humor. Dr. Angela has done more than launch a successful practice, she has defined herself as a voice for a new generation of womanhood, established her ASK DR. ANGELA brand committed to authenticity, and built a community rooted in trust, candor, and compassion.