Though being pregnant isn’t something I desire to experience again, I care for many patients that enjoy it. Whether pregnancy is your cup of tea or not, one thing ALL pregnant moms agree on are things that annoy them during pregnancy. Here are my
Top 5 Things That Annoy Pregnant Women:
- Saying they look “more pregnant” than they actually are. On almost a daily basis I see a mom-to-be that asks me if the baby is growing appropriately, or if she has gained too much weight during the pregnancy; all stemming from some unsolicited comment made by some “random” about her looking like she is going to have twins, or that she appears to be further along than the stated gestational age. Talk about ANNOYING!
- Making them feel “disabled.” In other words, acting as if pregnancy is some God forsaken ailment that prevents the mom-to-be from doing basic tasks such as “HER JOB!”
- Touching their belly. This was one of my personal peeves. Specifically strangers who wanted to just come up to me and rub my belly. I find women to be 50/50 on this one. How did you all feel about this?
- Telling them what they can and can’t eat. Careful with this one……you never want to come between a pregnant mom and her food. I’d advise you to just let her have whatever she wants(smile).
- Giving ANY unsolicited advice. It can be ANYTHING from whether or not to breastfeed, to circumcise or not circumcise your male child, your thoughts on the baby’s name……….PLEASE, just keep these comments to yourself.
Hoping today’s blog post serves as a PSA. Please make sure you don’t annoy an expectant mom today.
Until Next Time,
Look Better. Feel Better. Be Better.