“It’s gettin’ hot in here…….”
I’ll let you complete the next line of this Nelly hit(smile)……… Being in 104 degree weather and expecting to experience even higher temperatures during the course of my stay in Scottsdale, AZ, I for one am realizing the importance of hydration……..
I have thought about my pregnant moms on soooo many occasions this vacation……you know I’m always telling you to make sure you are plenty hydrated……if for no other reason than to stave off pre-term contractions………
Consuming adequate amounts of water is important for all of us; not just during pregnancy………
Here are a few reasons to consider drinking more water:
1. It’s sooo much cheaper than other drinks on the market; specifically soft drinks!
2. It helps the kidneys do their job!!!!! Increased water consumption aids in ridding the body of toxins via sweat and urination, as well as decreasing the risks of kidney stones and urinary tract infections.
3. Clearer skin!!!!! Who doesn’t want clearer, more radiant skin? Water is one of the best, and cheapest moisturizers around!
4. Helps to keep you “more regular”. Wanna stave off constipation? Drink more water!
5. Increased mental alertness, less fatigue!
6. Dehydration is a major cause of headaches…….drink more water; help keep headaches at bay!
The benefits of drinking water are too numerous to list…….the fact of the matter is, we could all afford to consume more!
Until next time,
Look Better. Feel Better. Be Better.
Wife, mother, Midwesterner, and award-winning OB/GYN, Dr. Angela is equal parts best girlfriend and bold professional, supporting women’s health with innovative approaches to care and heavy doses of humor. Dr. Angela has done more than launch a successful practice, she has defined herself as a voice for a new generation of womanhood, established her ASK DR. ANGELA brand committed to authenticity, and built a community rooted in trust, candor, and compassion.